Sunday, January 1, 2017

My One Word for 2017- CHOOSE (Wisely & Purposefully)



Last week, while I was still in my holiday fog, I noticed that others were already thinking about 2017 and their focus for the year. Today, I am ready to join in! After much thought & reflection, I have decided my #oneword for 2017 will be CHOOSE. Each day we are faced with so many choices, from how to respond to someone or something to where to focus our energy. All of these choices can be overwhelming. This year I vow to look at each choice more wisely and purposefully. 

In 2017 I vow 
  • To CHOOSE to focus on what is important
  • To CHOOSE to be an advocate for students and public education
  • To CHOOSE not to be distracted by the noise, but to truly listen
  • To CHOOSE to encourage and support positive change in our district


As 2017 begins, we are looking at changes and uncertainties on the horizon, some that will certainly have an impact on students and public education. It is my choice how I approach this time of uncertainty, and I CHOOSE to approach it with wisdom & purpose. 


What is your #oneword2017?



No comments:

Post a Comment