Saturday, January 2, 2016

My #oneword for 2016

A New Year always brings thoughts of change and improvement- resolutions of eating less, exercising more, spending less, doing more. As I visited social media during the last couple of days, I have seen people choosing one word to guide them throughout the year, instead of a list of resolutions that will be forgotten by Valentine's Day.  The idea, derived from the book, One Word That Will Change Your Life by Jon Gordon, Dan Britton and Jimmy Page, is that if you focus on just one word for an entire year, your life will be simplify your life and add clarity & focus. 

This resonated with me because I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2016, what I want to focus on to make a positive impact. If you search #oneword on Twitter, you will find many posts and tweets about other's one word. I enjoyed reading my friend, Sherry Gick's One Word  post as well as others over the last few days.  The word that came to my mind for me this year is ACTION.


I find that I spend a lot of time reading, researching, thinking, and talking and not enough time actually doing. So in 2016, I want to put into action some of these ideas. For education to improve, we need thinkers but we also need doers. To make the world a better place, we need ideas, but we also need people to put those ideas into action. ACTION, that's my word for 2016!



What's your one word for the new year?

7 comments:

  1. #oneword RESILIANCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Resilience is definitely necessary in education (and life for that matter!) Good luck in 2016!

      Delete
  2. My #oneword is CHOOSE. Great pic - I love ACTION!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to hear the words people have picked for their focus for 2016! Good luck! And thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. My #oneword will be FOCUS! Much like you, I struggled this past year with putting my thoughts and ideas into action. Through FOCUS, I will keep my sights on the end product until it becomes a reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Focus was one that I was thinking about too. I get so distracted by little things! Maybe that will be my word next year, if I still struggle with ACTION! :) Good luck!

      Delete